Friday, April 10, 2009

In which I'm reminded I really need to move

Spring is finally here and, after winter’s long reprieve, my neighborhood is beginning to resemble a noisy psych ward again. Trekking back home through the ‘Ville last night, I couldn’t help but notice that the residents of every group home, halfway house, and assisted living facility in my neighborhood (yes, there are several) seem to have poured into the streets. It was as though God himself had come along to do some spring cleaning and part of his process entailed tipping each of these residences upside down and shaking out the occupants for a good airing. The sights - the sounds - the smells! (All reminders that Soylent Green is people...)

This can only mean that Season 4 of the Joe and Jackie show should be returning very soon to a street corner near me. For those of you who may be new to this phenomenon, Joe and Jackie are star crossed lovers with mental health problems and an exhibitionist streak a mile wide. If it’s true that God sometimes just hands you material, then Joe and Jackie are to my neighborhood what Chris Rock is to the rest of America – uncouth, uncensored, unpredictable and unbelievably funny. Grab your popcorn and pass the milk duds, folks. I get the feeling we're in for a double feature!



P.S.: Did any of you happen to notice that God got two mentions in this post? What’s THAT about? I think I've been watching too many religion documentaries...

1 comment:

  1. You know in all these years, I still haven't gotten an up close J&J show. And for that, I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete