Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Do Me A Favor

Dear Skype,

First let me say that I absolutely adore you. You’re way cheaper than a landline and I love feeling like a time life operator whenever I don my headset to call a friend. Besides, rainbows and unicorns are the only things missing from that cute logo of yours. How could anyone not love you? Just because you rock the casbah though, doesn't mean there isn’t still some room for improvement.

For starters, I spent entirely too much time the other night trying to figure out how to update my credit card info on your website - to no avail. Call me crazy but it would be nice to change my billing preferences without running the risk of deleting my account. When the expiration date comes and goes and you can no longer automatically squeeze that $2.95 out of me each month, don’t you even THINK about charging me a late fee. There are other fish in the sea, Skype, with equally cool names and cute logos. Just because you’re best buds with Oprah doesn’t mean you can't be replaced.

Oh, and another thing. I wish you’d be a bit more selective when allowing people to use your service. Jackass4Ever12 left me a voicemail yesterday and since I didn’t recognize his name, I deleted the message without listening to it. Apparently not the sharpest tool in the shed, Jackass4Ever12 is now trying to contact me via your instant messaging service. How do I know this? Because you just sent me an email that says, Jackass4Ever12 is trying to reach you on Skype. Here’s their message: “Slut.”

I can tell you right now, Skype, that that sort of harrassment does not fly with me. So be a mensch will you, and go tell Jackass4ever12 to shut the fuck up.

Thanks a bunch!
Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment