Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stop saying that!

In recent days I have heard the word de-install used at least 15 times in my conversations with several different service reps at Photocopiers 'R' Us . I even tried dropping the word uninstall into a couple of conversations just to see if it would go unnoticed - and I was CORRECTED each time.

Apparently there's an enormous difference between de-installing and uninstalling a photocopier. I wish someone would tell me what that difference is so that I may be less inclined to stab someone in the eye with an icepick the next time they say the copier is going to be de-installed.

In the meantime, here are some other nifty words and phrases that may drive me to violence very soon:

For all intensive purposes
(For all intents and purposes, you're an idiot.)

Conversate
(This is the last time I knowingly converse with an idiot.)

Irregardless

(Regardless of what you may have been led to believe, irregardless is not a word. Now hand me that icepick.)

Mute point
(Where I purchased this icepick is really a moot point. Though I suppose if I used it to stab you in the neck it might be a mute point after all.)


Supposably
(There is supposedly a $10,00 reward being offered to anyone who may have information regarding the multiple stabbings at Photocopiers 'R' Us .)

Reply back to me
(Honestly, a simple reply will do)

1 comment: