Thursday, February 26, 2009

(Maybe) The Bermuda Triangle Ate My Homework

It was my intention to upload a couple of photos for your viewing pleasure today but I realized that I have misplaced the software required to transfer said photos from my camera to my computer. Ironically, I have owned this camera for 2 or 3 years now and have only recently shown it any attention. (In truth, digital cameras intimidate me. I'm all about simple and digital is all about complicated.)

It is possible that the software was missing from the package when I first opened the camera a few Christmases ago – and I just didn’t notice because I was technologically illiterate at the time. (Some would say I still am. And they would be correct.)

It is also possible that the last person to whom I loaned my camera has misplaced the software I seek. My fault, not hers - unless she was using the CD-ROM as a coaster for her bottle of pinot noir while she was on that little bender in Bermuda a few months ago.

Bottom line: I am temporarily photographically incapacitated. This should not be confused with pathologically intoxicated which was the diagnosis for Kim Basinger’s character in Final Analysis. Remember that movie? Uma Thurman played her clinically depressed sister and Richard Gere played the therapist she was alternately screwing, framing for murder, then actually attempting to murder. Oh and don't forget the ever-so-sinister Eric Roberts who played her abusive, Mafioso husband whom she offed with a dumbbell. Netflix, baby. Gotta love it!

So yes, no photos today. Amuse yourself with this Kim Basinger-free video instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX8nswnUKU

No comments:

Post a Comment